News & Events

As a resident, knowing what repairs you are accountable for and what repairs we are responsible for is essential. 

ccha is responsible for repairing common areas of buildings and estates, external decorations, ensuring installations for supplying services are in proper working order, and more. We also ensure that fire and safety equipment is inspected regularly, and fire risk assessments are completed as needed. 

On the other hand, residents are responsible for minor repairs such as internal decorations, replacing flat keys or fobs, and keeping their private gardens tidy and pest-free. It’s important to promptly report any repair or disrepair concerns and provide access for property inspections and repairs.  

Home improvements

As a resident, you can improve your home anytime at your own cost. You must make a written request that details your plans. Before and after the work is carried out, we have the right to inspect the property to ensure that it meets an acceptable standard. If the job requires specialist skills, such as gas or electrical work, it must be carried out by a suitably qualified person who can provide the relevant certificates.  

There are various types of improvements that you can make, including installing new appliances, light fittings, power sockets, and changing fixtures or fittings. You can also build or change fences and walls, extend the property, or install TV aerials or satellite dishes. We will only refuse your request with good reason and explain our reasoning in response to your written request. However, it is important to note that you must maintain any improvements you make.  

However, any non-standard items at the end of your residency must be removed and ccha will not take responsibility for the work or do any repairs to it in the future. For further information, read our Repairs & Planned Maintenance Booklet 


If there is damage caused to the fixtures and fittings in our home by you, your family or any visitors, you will be responsible for repairing the damage yourself or paying us to do so.  

Lastly, when your tenancy ends, we will inspect to ensure that your property is in good condition and that any non-standard fixtures have been replaced. 

If you need to make any changes to your home or report any damage, you can contact our customer advisors by emailing or calling 0800 054 6710. If you prefer to send a physical letter, please mail it to ccha, FAO Property Services Team, 29 Sheldon Street, Croydon, CR0 1SS.29 Sheldon Street, Croydon, CR0 1SS. 

By working together, we can ensure your homes are well maintained.  

Share this article

Your opinion is important to us.

Did you find what you were looking for today?

You answered No, please specify what were you looking for?


Thank you for your feedback!