Rent & Financial Advice

Cost-of-Living payment: To find out when you will receive your next Cost-Of-Living payment, please visit the government website.

Paying your rent

The money you pay is broken down into two different categories:

Rent is the money you pay ccha for the use of your flat or your house.

Service Charge is the money you pay ccha for services to your particular home or estate and are not the same for every property.

View our FAQ for more information about rent and service charges.

Ways to pay:

You are responsible for making sure you can pay your rent and service charges by their due date, as per your tenancy agreement.

Direct Debit: We can set up a Direct Debit for you over the phone on 0800 054 6710 or, at your request, we will send you a direct debit form for you to fill out and return to us.

Debit card: We can take rent payments over the phone and send you a receipt via e-mail.


Internet/AllPay: If you have a rent card, you can log onto

myccha: Register for our myccha customer portal, where you can pay your rent, update your details and much more!
Download our leaflet and register for an account.


Speak to us over the phone:
If you have any queries, or would like to discuss, pay your rent or order a rent card over the phone, please call 0800 054 6710.

Contact the Welfare & Debt Advice Officer

For help on claiming benefits, applying for Universal Credit, or any other financial advice, please contact the Welfare & Debt Advice Officer on:



Phone: 0800 054 6710

Contact the Income Team

If you have any queries regarding paying your rent or setting up a direct debit, please contact the Income Team on:




Phone: 0800 054 6710

Financial Advice


If you are finding it hard to cover your outgoings or make your money stretch throughout the month, please contact Jane our Welfare & Debt Advice Officer on the details above.


Due to the Cost-of-Living Crisis, even people who are in work may be entitled to a top up of benefits. To find out if you are eligible for any help, please use the EntitledTo Calculator.

If you are making a claim for Universal Credit for the first time, please use the Universal Credit Helper guide.

Attention: Universal Credit claimants

Once or twice a year, some UC claimants on a 4-weekly pay schedule will receive two payments within the same assessment period which could result in a nil UC award. Please budget for this as you will still be required to pay your rent in full.

If you are paid monthly, you should not be affected. Please contact us for help by calling us on 0800 054 6710 or email

Annual Rent Increase

If you are receiving either Universal Credit or Housing Benefit, please let them know about the rent increases coming into action from 3 April 2023.

All changes need to be made once they have happened (i.e. after the rent has changed in April). Residents on Universal Credit will need to report on theirĀ  account the date of the change.

To make this change, you will need to go to ‘Change of Circumstances’ in your UC Journal. If you need help, please contact us on 0800 054 6710 or email

Advice leaflets

Money Matters: About your benefits
Money Matters: Debt advice
Money Matters: Paying your rent

Your opinion is important to us.

Did you find what you were looking for today?

You answered No, please specify what were you looking for?


Thank you for your feedback!