The summer edition of the ccha Connections newsletter is here!
In this edition, find out about:
- Service updates, including repairs
- Cost of Living help
- We’re moving!
- And much more…
Want to receive Connections directly to your inbox? Sign up to our email list.
Do you need the newsletter in an alternative format? We can provide print versions, large print, audio tape, Braille and translated versions. Request yours by calling 020 8633 8734 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recently had our periodic in depth assessment (IDA) from the Regulator of Social Housing and have been re-graded as a V1 G2. Whilst this is still compliant, it is a downgrade in the area of governance.
Heather Thomas, Chair of ccha Board:
“We believe that the judgement is a fair assessment of our current position and we already have improvement plans in place to address some of the areas which the Regulator has highlighted. We are disappointed but feel confident that we can rise to the challenge and return to our G1 status in good time.”
Continuing our pledge to provide more affordable homes, we have completed our first development in Bromley: The Wollaston Collection. Completing in March 2022, this development provides 24 2-bedroom homes for Bromley residents, comprising of discounted London Affordable Rent, London Living Rent, Shared Ownership and Private Sales.
This great location offers nearby retail and transport links, making it an ideal residence for couples, families, and working individuals. Named after a historical scientist from Bromley, the development seamlessly integrates with surrounding areas. It’s an inclusive, exciting, and contemporary addition to the community.
Tracy Cullen, Chief Executive of ccha:
“As an organisation, we want to provide quality, affordable housing. It’s really important to us that you can’t label a ccha home, they’re all different and unique. I’m really proud of this development, it’s our first one in Bromley and we hope that our residents enjoy calling this their home.”
Our upcoming developments in Purley and Croydon will provide a further 41 affordable homes, with Angel Oak Point on Sheldon Street also become our new office.
The Prime Minister has announced today that the Government will extend the Right to Buy scheme to housing associations. We are waiting for further details to be released on how the scheme will run and eligibility requirements, but if you would like to find out more and stay up to date on developments, please visit https://www.ownyourhome.gov.uk/scheme/right-to-buy/housing-association-tenants/.
If you are interested in this scheme, please contact AmberC@ccha.biz who will note your interest and update you as we know more.
We do offer a Right to Acquire scheme which gives some residents the ability to buy their home if it was built or purchased by a housing association on or after 1st April 1997. You can find out more here https://ccha.biz/we-offer/right-to-acquire/.
Vacancy: Resident Board Member
Salary: £2,050 per annum
Closing date: 9 am, Friday 18th June 2021
At ccha, providing quality homes and services for residents is our primary focus. Resident engagement forms a crucial part in assisting our goals to increase resident satisfaction, provide better homes, housing services and sustainable communities.
The Board plays a critical role at ccha and is ultimately responsible for defining our strategic direction, monitoring the overall performance of the organisation, managing risk and ensuring the right resources are in place and that we meet our legal responsibilities.
Residents are key members of our Board and we are now looking to recruit a Resident Board Member who can bring their experience and perspective of living in our homes, to ensure that our plans and decisions always focus on hearing and understanding our residents’ needs. This is a great opportunity to get involved and have a real influence on how we develop our future homes and services.
Why become a Resident Board Member?
- It’s a great opportunity to get involved and influence how ccha develops homes and services
- The skills you learn as a Board member will benefit you in your work life as well as giving you the experience of working in the community
- You can have a voice that adds value to the residents, organisation and yourself
- You don’t need previous Board experience as we will provide support and training
- In return for your commitment, we will pay you £2,050 per annum.
- have wide-ranging views on what our residents need and how we can continually improve our services
- want to make a positive contribution in the community and represent our residents on the Board
- have a real interest in customer engagement and participation
- are able to attend 6 Board meetings a year (held at 3 pm)
- play an active role on the Remuneration and Nomination Committee (twice a year at 1.30 pm)
- can participate in Strategic Planning Days and ad hoc training sessions
Then you can visit here for more information and to apply today.
If you would like an informal chat before you apply please contact Tina Rosenow, Company Secretary, ccha on email@example.com or 0208 633 8774. Alternatively, you can contact our consultant Hilary Channing on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07718 627740.
We look forward to hearing from you!
With the latest national lockdown, some of our services have changed. All services still being carried out will be done so while practicing social distancing and wearing protective equipment (PPE).
- Emergency and regular repairs are continuing as normal. Our contractors have caught up with the previous backlog, but please bear with us as the latest national lockdown and an increase in demand may cause new delays to the service.
- Although our services are continuing, please consider the repair that is being reported and where it is located as this may affect whether you are comfortable having contractors in your home. Please contact us if you’ve tested positive for covid-19 or are self-isolating and awaiting results. We can then inform our contractors and advise them not to visit you for a period of time.
- Estate inspections will stop, however, any health and safety, fire or gas checks will still go ahead while practicing social distancing.
- Grounds maintenance and cleaning services will continue with the appropriate safety measures in place.
- All contractors will endeavour to deliver services as usual, however, please be advised that there may be challenges due to operatives having to self isolate.
- Gas safety checks are vital and ensure your home is safe. If your gas service is due, please allow contractors access to your home. If you are self-isolating, please let us know before the visit so we can rearrange the appointment.
We appreciate your understanding and continued patience throughout this difficult time.
Watch the video where Axis explains how their operatives we keep you safe while carrying out repairs:
Click here to watch.
Stay updated with our covid-19 updates by visiting our dedicated our Coronavirus FAQ page or by signing up to our email list. We also share updates on our social media, follow us on Twitter: @Officalccha & Facebook: @cchahousing.
Dear residents, we are currently in the process of recruiting for the role of welfare and benefits officer at ccha.
In the interim, for welfare and benefits related advice, please contact the Citizens Advice Bureau at https://www.citizensadvicecroydon.org/ or the Welfare rights team at Croydon Council at: email@example.com
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
We are proud to launch or new website which is not only now in line with our new branding, but also has improved navigation and some newcomers.
With easier navigation, a dedicated sales page and increased functionality, we do hope you have an enhanced experience when you are looking for information.
We would like to thank all residents who responded to the digital survey late last year as we were able to use this feedback to improve the website.
- Sales page – we now have a dedicated sales page to help our visitors find homes for sale
- Increased touch points – we have now increased our ‘register your interest’ or ‘find out more’ contact forms across the website to help visitors to get in touch
- Dedicated financial information section – this will help our stakeholders and visitors to obtain all the financial information they require, and quickly
- New FAQ layout – We have streamlined our FAQ’s to provide an accessible and less cluttered experience, helping our visitors find what they need.
We do hope you enjoy our new website.
Get in touch to let us know what you think.
Charlene Grant, Senior Marketing and Sales Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org